PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, AND TICK “I AGREE” AT THE BOTTOM TO CONTINUE
PDF: LWWG Contest Rules and Regulations 2018 with notes
LWWG Contest Rules and Regulations
Lake Winnipeg Writers’ Group Box 284, Matlock, MB R0C 2B0
This contest is not open to members of the Contest Administration Committee of the Lake Winnipeg Writers’ Group.
Detailed category descriptions:
Youth Categories: A youth is anyone under 18. Anyone still attending Secondary School will be considered a youth. Entry fee is $15.00 for the first entry and $5.00 for each additional entry. Every entrant is awarded a one-year LWWG membership.
Adult Categories: Open to all over the age of 18. Entry fee is $30.00 for first entry and $10.00 for each additional entry. Every entrant, if not already a member, is awarded a one-year LWWG membership.
- All entries must be submitted in Times New Roman font size 12, double-spaced on 8½X11 white pages.
- The entrant’s name must not appear on the submissions.
- Name, mailing address, e-mail address and other identifying particulars will feature only on the Entry Form sent with the submission. All will be required items.
- The topic for any of the entries is unrestricted but must be appropriate for a general audience.
- Length of submissions must be in accordance to the following regulations:
Poetry: (adult and youth): maximum 3 pages or 1500 words
Fiction: (adult and youth): maximum 2500 words
- Adults: (18 years of age or over): $30.00 for the first entry, $10.00 for each additional entry
- Youths: (under 18 years of age): $15.00 for the first entry, $5.00 for each additional entry.
- Include a completed entry form for each entry with the following information: the submission’s title, the category being entered and the author’s name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Place the title, but no other identifying information on the submitted item.
- Upon winning a prize, the author must supply an electronic copy of his/her submission to facilitate publication. Prize winners will automatically qualify for publication in the issue of Voices following the contest
- No previously published work will be accepted. This includes on-line publications such as blogs and websites, or in print for public viewing, not including critique sites or groups. The author must hold the copyright of the material.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- LWWG reserves the right to reject any submission.
- Electronic payment must accompany each entry. We accept Paypal and e-transfer.
- A notification from Pay-Pal or e-transfer that the transaction has been processed will be your confirmation.
- The on-line reception deadline is: June 14, 2018
- If the number of entries in a category is insufficient to finance the prizes, that category will be closed and no prizes will be awarded. Should a category be closed, contestants will be invited to send their entries to our editor for consideration in our next publication.
- Entering the contest gives permission to LWWG to publish your entry as submitted in Voices. All winners will be published.
- The names of all judges will appear on the LWWG website.
- No one involved in organizing and supervising the contest may be selected to judge any of the categories.
Youth and Adults: First Prize: $100.00 Second Prize: $75.00
- All entrants will be awarded a one-year LWWG membership. Non-winning contestants may resubmit their entry to our editor for consideration regarding publication in the next issue of Voices. Membership benefits are listed on our website at lwwg.ca.
- Winners will be announced on the LWWG website.
- Winners will be notified by email and receive a winner’s certificate and a cheque at the launch of the contest volume of Voices. Honourable Mention recipients will receive a certificate.
- An invitation to attend and read at the launch of the Contest volume of Voices will be sent either electronically to all winners, including Honourable Mention recipients. If the winner is unable to attend, the certificate, prize and a complimentary copy Voices containing their winning entry will be mailed.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact: contestlwwg.ca